The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) and the Graduate Programs in Public Health at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine have developed a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) to a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or M.S. in Public Health (MSPH) 4 + 1 program.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in the BSPH program in the SONHS who qualify academically may apply to the MPH or MSPH program in the spring of their junior year.
- Accepted students are then able to take 12 credits of Master’s level Public Health courses in their senior year. These Master’s level credits would count toward their MPH or MSPH degree.
- By completing 3-6 credits of Master’s level MPH or MSPH coursework in the summer following completion of their BSPH degree, students could complete their MPH or MSPH degree in only one additional academic year.
- Students accepted to the 4 +1 program will continue to pay undergraduate tuition for the senior year.
- Upon graduation with the BSPH, accepted students will then matriculate into the MPH or MSPH program and complete the remaining 33 credits of MPH or MSPH coursework at UM graduate school tuition rates.
For Further Information and Application Please Contact:
The Office of Student Services
School of Nursing and Health Studies – Room 142