- Early Decision I Deadline: November 1
- Early Action Deadline: November 1
- Early Decision II Deadline: January 1
- Regular Decision Deadline: January 1
Transfer Student Applicants
- Application Priority Deadline: April 1
- Application Deadline: June 1
Transfer Student Applicants
- Application Priority Deadline: November 1
- Application Deadline: December 1
Admission to the BSPH program is handled through the Office of Admission and is open to applicants who meet the general requirements for admission to the University of Miami (UM) as well as those listed below. Applicants must apply through the Common Application.
1) Grade Point Averages (GPAs)
- Freshmen applicants must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.7
- Transfer student applicants must have a minimum transfer GPA of 3.0
2) SAT and/or ACT Scores
- Minimum Scores:
- SAT = 1100 reading and critical math scores combined
- ACT = 24 composite score
- Freshmen applicants must submit official SAT or ACT scores
- Transfer student applicants with fewer than 30 college credits must submit official SAT or ACT scores; transfer student applicants with 30 or more college credits are not required to submit scores
The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) and the Graduate Program in Public Health at the Miller School of Medicine have developed a 5-year Bachelor’s to Master’s program in Public Health called the 4+1 Program. The 4+1 Program allows students to earn a Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health (BSPH) and a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or Master’s of Science in Public Health (MSPH) in just 5 years.
Bachelor’s/Master’s in Public Health 4+1 Program Information:
Students who are admitted to the 4+1 program take 12 credits of Master’s-level public health courses in their last year of the BSPH. All Master’s-level credits taken as an undergraduate latter apply toward the MPH or MSPH degree. By taking 12 credits of Master’s-level work in their last year of the BSPH program and 3-6 credits the summer after graduation, students in the 4+1 program can complete their Master’s degree during their 5th year.
All Master’s-level credits taken as an undergraduate are covered under regular undergraduate tuition charges. Students in the 4+1 program only pay graduate tuition rates for any remaining graduate coursework once they complete their last year of undergraduate study.
Admission decisions to the 4+1 program are made solely by the admissions committee for the Graduate Programs in Public Health at the Miller School of Medicine.
- December 15 of students’ third (junior) year
- Students must apply through SOPHAS
- Visit http://publichealth.med.miami.edu/graduate/sophas and click on “MPH/MSPH”
- Current undergraduate students in the SONHS who have a Public Health major
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Minimum 3.5 public health GPA
- No GRE required
Applicants interested in any of the SONHS' baccalaureate programs are encouraged to speak with a representative from the SONHS’ Office of Student Services (OSS) and/or the UM’s Office of Admission. Students interested in the 4+1 program are also encouraged to speak with Rick Del Rosario, Director of Admissions, in the Department of Public Health Sciences by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 243-0291
More information about the BSPH program and the SONHS may be found in the Academic Bulletin and the Student Handbook.